What to do with tart strawberries… Strawberries “Brulee”

It’s strawberry season here….. almost.
Oh, they’re in the stores, but they are not perfectly delish and totally sweet. Yet.

If you buy them from the farm stand, you’re good to go, but from the store in the clam shell…? A little on the tart side.

Here’s what I do to fix them:

1. slice strawberries and put in ramekin
  2. spread some sour cream over the berries
  3. sprinkle brown sugar over the sour cream
  4. stick under the broiler (or use your blowtorch) until the sugar melts
  5. enjoy!

Yum!

Now there’s something sweet…. To read something sour, go check out the vicious, personal comment that a great blogger received and what the supportive blogging community has to say about it!

Comments

Okay. It seems like every time you post I’m like the first here. I swear, I don’t sit on the computer all day. Mostly. Not. I don’t.
    Anyway. Sourcream…? That’s interesting!! I will have to try it. :)

I LOVE to dip strawberries in sour cream and then brown sugar and pop them in my mouth…hadn’t considered the cooking part. What a fun idea.

Holy delicious solution, Batman! I LOVE me some strawberries, but this time of year they are a bit much to take.
    I might have to try this!
    I LOVE the new blog, by the way. What a great idea…:)

Great Idea! And I have some new little LeCreuset ramekins!
    The shitty blog comments? Probably from a shitty person—Someone we wouldn’t want to know anyway.

Oh boy, I bought strawberries the other day and I can tell just by looking at them that they aren’t 100%. Tonight I will be making a lovely treat per your delicious directions.

Our family has used the same ingredients for years….we have a bowl of brown sugar, one of sour cream and the strawberries….then, dip in the sour cream, brown sugar and then take a bite….pure heaven!
    You will like it!

Oh for God’s sake. You’re such a total butt, getting me all hungry so late at night. Thanks.
    PS..I have used my voodoo doll made of dog poop and put a hex on that jerkface commenter. What a tool.

Yummy! Ugh, now I must eat something sweet. Thanks a lot, V!
    I read the mean comment post. That is awful. I am peeing in my pants at “Snooty Le Jackwad…”. Too funny.