This green smoothie is chock full o' nutrients and it tastes much better than it looks!
|Seriously. It tastes really good. For reals.|
|OK, fine. It's not just the smoothies...Mollie is also literally and figuratively working her butt off.|
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 1 apple, cored and cut into chunks (leave the peel on.)
- 1 avocado (for the love of all things holy, don't leave the peel on!)
- cup of ice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups of almond milk (I've been using almond-coconut milk)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
These are the basic ingredients, but add in berries, juice... whatever you want. At the end of the day, you're still getting a big shot o' spinach and nutrients.
Popeye would say that's a good idea.
By the way, this makes a pretty good sized batch.
|Be sure to check out the easy, make-ahead chicken recipe so that you have lots of lean protein on hand!|
Mollie says it'll keep in the fridge for 24 hours. However, believe it or not, mine doesn't last that long. Veggies.
I know. Weird.
I like it!
Sharing this at Today's Creative Blog.
about Vivienne Wagner